Make a Gift in 3 Easy Steps
Not everyone wants to commit to making a gift in their wills or estates. Some prefer the increased flexibility that a beneficiary designation provides by using:
- IRAs and retirement plans
- Life insurance policies
- Donor advised funds
- Commercial annuities
It only takes three simple steps to make this type of gift. Here's how to name ThedaCare Family of Foundations as a beneficiary:
- Contact the administrator of your retirement plan, insurance policy, bank account or donor advised fund for a change-of-beneficiary form or simply download a form from your provider's website.
- Decide what percentage (1 to 100) you would like us to receive and name us, along with the percentage you chose, on the beneficiary form.
- Return the completed form to your plan administrator, insurance company, bank or financial institution.
An Example of How It Works
Robert and Carol treasure the financial help they've been able to give their children and ThedaCare over the years. The couple recently updated their will to leave stocks and real estate to their kids. They left ThedaCare a $75,000 IRA to be transferred following their lifetime. Because ThedaCare is tax-exempt, all $75,000 will help support our mission.
If Robert and Carol had left the IRA to their children, approximately $18,000* would have gone to pay federal income taxes—leaving only $57,000 for their family's use. Robert and Carol are happy knowing they are making the most of their hard-earned money thanks to their updated estate plan.
*Based on an assumption of a 24 percent marginal income tax bracket.
Not Sure How to Begin Planning?Download My FREE Personal Estate Planning Kit
- Contact Shane Kohl at (920) 454-1252 or Shane.Kohl@thedacare.org for additional information on beneficiary designations and how they can help support ThedaCare with our mission.
- Talk to your financial or legal advisor to learn which assets will or will not trigger taxable income when paid to a beneficiary.
- If you name ThedaCare in your plans, please use our legal name and federal tax ID.
Legal Name: ThedaCare Family of Foundations
Address: 1818 N. Meade St., Appleton, WI 54911
Federal Tax ID Number: 46-4112255
Download our FREE guide Beneficiary Designations: The Easiest Ways to Leave Your Legacy.View My Guide